At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences with a unique charm and innovative gameplay. We're looking for a Senior Game Designer with economy design skills to craft an engaging ecosystem of short, mid and long-term gameplay for our ambitious new game-as-a-service project.
As a collaborative, agile team, we love people with broad knowledge and deep specialisations. While systems design will be your focus, you'll expand into economy design and tuning, procedural content creation and AI design. You'll use your critical thinking, collaboration skills, understanding of UX, and creativity to deliver an innovative experience ripe with engaging strategic choices.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP we’re developing in partnership with Private Division, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- 5+ years relevant experience at video game development studio/s.
- Experience designing major features and systems for a commercial title.
- Broad range of game design skills with at least one area of deep expertise, such as systems, economy, AI, UX, etc.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team to see features from concept, through development and iteration, to delivery at an exceptional standard of quality.
- Propensity for critical thinking, and giving and receiving feedback to find the right ideas for the project and audience.
- High attention to detail and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- A passion for mentoring and educating your fellow team members.
- Take ownership of significant features, systems and content as a key member of the design team.
- Articulate and shepherd complicated design discussions and reviews to reach objective rather than subjective outcomes.
- Develop and maintain design documents that clearly communicate concepts to our multidisciplinary team.
- Collaborate with other departments, ensuring positive communication and creative problem-solving between disciplines.
- Work with the tools and in-game editor to iterate on and implement features, and tweak and tune the player experience.
- Participate in scoping and iterating on high level plans, budgets and schedules.
- Analyse game data and user feedback to extract insights and improvements for our game.
- Provide mentoring, feedback and assist in the career development of other team members, when relevant.
- Conduct design research into industry best practices and design solutions.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable work hours.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to insert job position link from Breezy here.
In your cover letter, please choose a game-as-a-service launched in the past 5 years and write 200 words about how one of its systems helps or hinders the game's long-term success.
Application period closes on July 1st, COB.
Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we will endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!