League of Geeks is looking for an Operations Assistant on a part-time, 12 month contract to assist with operational and administrative duties, empowering senior leadership by ensuring the studio operates efficiently and smoothly. You approach challenges with a positive attitude, you love to collaborate and you are an excellent communicator. You want the best for those around you and are dedicated to providing creative people with an environment they can truly thrive in.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on wellbeing, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. If you’d like to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP, we'd love to hear from you!
Note: This is a part-time (3 days a week) 12 month contract position with the possibility of ongoing employment, though make no mistake, you will be a critical part of the LoG family.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- A passion for empowering and facilitating others through administrative and supporting work.
- Proficiency with administrative software packages (MS Office, Google Docs/Sheets, Confluence, etc).
- A general understanding of operational management fundamentals (e.g. planning, organising, supervising processes).
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst maintaining flexibility and pro-actively tackling issues.
- Excellent time management skills with an instinctive self drive and autonomy.
- Strong organisational skills, with a high competency for effectively managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to creatively and rapidly solve a variety of problems with minimal support.
- A dedication to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Fantastic interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
- Provide administrative support to the company founders, Leadership and Business team.
- Assist with the coordination of daily activities and employee-related functions.
- Coordinate and support studio meetings and events.
- Responding to general enquiries regarding studio facilities.
- Liaise with building management and facilities vendors regarding any issues or requests.
- Build and update the documentation to help organise development efforts and communicate progress.
- Assist in promoting and maintaining a fun and comfortable work environment.
- Address various and numerous miscellaneous administrative duties or initiatives as they arise.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day. Yeah, dogs!
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Professional development track, mentorship and support.
- Professional and personal travel insurance.
- Monthly self-directed professional development and game jam days.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work.
- Application period closes on September 25th (CoB). We wish for this position to commence on October 5th.
- Base salary on offer (excluding benefits) is between $60k p.a - $75k p.a AUD pro rata, dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we do endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference.