At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences with a unique charm and innovative gameplay. We're looking for an engineer that can bring our players together from all across the world. Someone with the serious technical chops to bring the multiplayer in our new project to life - as well as assist on numerous other engine-side responsibilities.
As this role requires a lot of collaboration with different departments, we are ideally looking for someone who is available to work with us in our Melbourne studio. However, remote and/or flexible options are available for the perfect candidate!
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP we’re developing in partnership with Private Division, we'd love to hear from you!
- 5+ years relevant experience at videogame development studio/s.
- Shipped at least one commercial videogame with post-launch multiplayer/network functionality.
- Experience with developing back-end services for games; game servers, matchmaking, etc.
- Experience in the process of developing and optimizing games for multiple platforms in C#/C++.
- Confident knowledge of coding processes, standards and methodologies, and able to architect and implement clean and concise APIs
- Knowledge of the game development process from start to finish.
- Attentive to detail, thorough and shows strong game design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Detail sensitivity, thoroughness and strong design sensibilities.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- A passion for motivating, inspiring, mentoring and educating your fellow team members.
- Design and implement efficient low-level systems to support higher-level programmers & pipelines.
- Adapting games made in Unity to multiple game platforms.
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Collaborate with others on the team to design and build architectures for new systems, and maintain and improve those of current systems.
- Identify, call out, and fix workflow, pipeline and technology problems.
- Rewrite existing systems as directed for increased functionality, reduced memory usage, and increased performance.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Analyze code performance.
- Document technology implementation details.
- Remain up to date on cutting edge tech relevant to your area of expertise.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable work hours.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work through via the breezy link.
- Application period will close Monday, September 7 (CoB).
- Base salary on offer (excluding benefits) is between $85k p.a - $160k p.a AUD, dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- Relocation assistance or remote work options are available for the perfect applicant.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we do endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference.