League of Geeks is looking for a Talent Specialist to join our team on a full-time 12 month contract. You are an enthusiastic and pro-active recruiter who has a genuine interest and flair for helping people, whilst being able to understand what drives them, and enabling the value they can bring to our team on a cultural, as well as technical level.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on wellbeing, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. If you’d like to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP, we'd love to hear from you!
Note: This is a full-time, 12 month contract position with the possibility of ongoing employment, though make no mistake, you will be a critical part of the LoG family.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Prior experience in recruitment, talent acquisition, or people focused positions.
- 3+ years experience working in the creative industries (ie: Videogames, Film, TV, etc)
- Experience interviewing and negotiating with candidates.
- A passion for developing inclusive talent sourcing strategies and processes to attract and acquire diverse talent.
- Basic understanding of the videogame industry, development roles and practices.
- Able to work autonomously with a self-motivating, positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills. You are charismatic and empathetic.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, balancing studio needs with the intricacies of individuals.
- Lead talent and recruitment efforts with a personal, human touch.
- Meet ambitious recruitment deadlines whilst achieving key strategic targets.
- Manage the entire recruitment pipeline from defining new roles with the team to onboarding new hires.
- Active sourcing, canvassing and recruitment of underrepresented/diverse candidates.
- Interview, screen and perform reference checks on candidates.
- Handle relocation assistance for successful candidates as required.
- Being attentive to employee’s needs, and handling any requests or HR issues raised with empathy and efficiency.
- Coordinate onboarding and offboarding of team members.
- Develop and maintain effective pipelines in our HRIS, with an eye for building an experienced and diverse workforce.
- Manage and further develop LoG's work experience and internship programs.
- Respond to general enquiries regarding careers, internships, work experience, industry partnerships.
- Making decisions with the success and responsibility of the business as a core consideration.
- Assist the leadership team, hiring managers and founders on talent-focused decisions.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day. Yeah, dogs!
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Professional development track, mentorship and support.
- Professional and personal travel insurance.
- Monthly self-directed professional development and game jam days.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work.
- Application period closes on September 25th (CoB). We wish for this position to commence on October 5th.
- Base salary on offer (excluding benefits) is between $62k p.a - $80k p.a AUD, dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- Remote work options are available for this position. Please raise an expression of interest if required.
- Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we do endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference.