At League of Geeks, we believe in building the tools, techniques and pipelines for creatives to do what they love the most - making wonderful games!
We're looking for a Technical Artist with a passion for pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in real-time graphics, utilising a range of VFX, shaders and rendering techniques.
As a member of the engineering department, you’ll work closely with our artists to see our exciting new game's vision come to life, building art directable tools and techniques that empower artists to deliver game ready content.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- 8+ years of professional game development (or role relevant) experience.
- Experience using VFX tools such as Niagara for Unreal, VFX Graph for Unity or PopcornFx.
- Experience writing and developing shaders, using HLSL, CG or node based tools.
- Experience and a strong familiarity with programming languages including Python and C# and/or node-based scripting (e.g. Blueprints).
- Experience using DCC applications, including Maya, Blender, Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Strong familiarity with asset optimization strategies and profiling tools.
- Ability to communicate technical approaches and solutions with Art stakeholders.
- Dedication to actively improving your skillset by keeping up to date with industry trends and techniques.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
As a Senior Technical Artist you will build and maintain tools, process and develop techniques that enable artists to quickly integrate quality content and features into our games. You should have a strong eye for art quality and a broad range of knowledge and experience in the art and science of modern real-time graphics techniques.
- Developing solutions for technical challenges faced by content and feature teams.
- Communicate technical approaches and solutions to Art team stakeholders.
- Develop particle systems and other VFX in collaboration with the Art and Engineering teams.
- Communicate and champion aesthetic goals to Engineering team stakeholders.
- Identifying and solving performance issues.
- Review development processes and identify opportunities for tool improvements.
- Collaborating with artists and the broader team to help bring the project vision to life.
- Helping LoG build and maintain a great working culture through positive teamwork!
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Click the 'Apply to Position' button to submit your application.
In your cover letter, please tell us, in 250 words or less, an example of a time where you offered an unexpected, atypical, yet effective solution to a problem in your career. There are no wrong answers here.
- Base remuneration on offer (excluding benefits such as superannuation) is between $88k - $108k p.a AUD. Base remuneration is dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- This role is currently remote due to COVID-19. However, we plan on returning to studio when it is safe to do so. Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
- Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will be notifying successful applicants first. All unsuccessful candidates will be informed at the end of the hiring process, once the position is filled.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference.
For general questions and inquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks (dot) com.